On my way from Ria Formosa to Sagres I called in at Ria de Alvor, an area that
I've not really been to all that many times. I was staggered today to find
around 1000 Audouin's gulls on the saltmarsh. In recent years the species has
increased dramatically in southern Portugal and the World's largest breeding
colony of 7000 pairs is at Ria Formosa.
Saturday, 26 September 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
On Saturday I reported seeing a ringed Mediterranean gull at Pennington Flash. By taking a few photos of the ring from d...
-
Ring Ouzel 1 male on the site of the old landfill "stone circle". Best viewed from the Beacon. Willow Warbler 2 Chiffchaff 2 This ...
-
There's been a drake bufflehead frequenting the North Wales coast since the beginning of December and finally today I managed...









No comments:
Post a Comment