Saturday 21 January 2023

Another dodgy bittern at the flash


I was at East Bay and as always looked across to Ramsdales reedbed in the hope that today I might finally see a bittern on the edge of the reeds, and amazingly today there was one! East Bay is a good half a mile from the reedbed and I had no scope with me, so I took a few photos and then forgot about the bird. When I finally reached Ramsdales there was just a grey heron standing on the edge of the reeds so assumed it was that and continued on my way. Later this evening a bittern was reported to Birdguides as standing on the ice in Ramsdales so I had a look at my photos and they clearly show a bittern. 

Bitterns are annual at the flash, yet this is only my third sighting and both the other two have been just as poor! One day I'll see one well.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts