Friday 27 March 2020

Pennington Flash


My dash to the flash today produced three cracking summer plumage black-necked grebes, a pair of garganey still, little egret, three black-tailed godwits and around 50 sand martins. It was a beautiful spring morning.

It's quite an interesting way of getting exercise this, I power walk at the beginning and end, and while I'm at the flash I power walk between viewing places. In otherwords it's several short, sharp bursts of exercise. Google it, it's a highly recommended way of exercising. Good job, because I can't do it any other way these days 😃. I get home feeling physically fit and healthy, whilst at the same time keeping my mind active and my mood positive. Even better, I can then spend an hour writing this blog! The days just fly by!



These birds seemed paired up and were briefly displaying.


At the moment I don't have a lot of time to hang around waiting for the perfect photo, it's just point, shoot and hope then move on. Still, if the light is right black-necked grebes make a good subject even for me.



Garganey



This is a great time of year to watch tufted ducks. The males are in full plumage and look great, and small groups of them chase each other around in flight or on the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts