Tuesday 17 September 2019

Two American Golden Plovers, Lunt


Shortly after I left Lunt on Sunday after having seen the adult American Golden Plover, it was amazingly joined by a second bird! I called in today on my way home from work and both were present again. A bit distant but great to see never the less.

Going off the extent of the black on the face I would say that the left hand bird is the first bird and the one I saw on Sunday, however the black bars on the flanks of the right hand bird look very similar to a photo I took on Sunday before the second bird dropped in.



They didn't spend that much time together and this is about the best I could get of the two, on the extreme left and extreme right of the photo.


The first bird?


The second bird?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts