Monday 30 September 2019

Great White Egret, Hope Carr


A great white egret was a new species for me at Hope Carr today. It must have flown over the sewage works and straight over my head because I only noticed it when it was flying away from me. It landed on one of the pools for a few minutes out of view and then took off again and flew over the tall trees adjacent to the main lake allowing me just the briefest opportunity to take this poor photo. Once over the trees I couldn't see it anymore and though I suspected that it might have landed again on site, I couldn't relocate it. I also had two other site year ticks today, with a female wigeon on one of the pools and a small passage of skylarks over, bringing my Hope Carr year list to 103 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts