I walked from the St Lorenzo bird hide at Quinta do Lago, past Ludo salinas
and then over the road bridge to Praia de Faro. After a break in a cafe I then
walked back along the beach. It's not that it's a particularly long walk at a
fraction over 10km (7 miles), but by the time I got the beach and had lunch it
was well past noon and the temperature was around 30'C (86'F) so a two mile
walk along the beach at that point was not easy. I was exhausted when I got
back to the car.
Loads of birds to see, ducks and marsh birds at St. Lorenzo and then waders
and terns at Ludo.
Mainly pochard in this photo at the St. Lorenzo bird hide, Quinta do Lago.
Whimbrel are scattered across the saltmarsh
Grey plover.
Kentish plover and sanderling.
Capsian terns are one of the highlights of any visit to this area and today I counted eight, including six together.
Booted eagle with it's "headlights" on.
Black-headed weavers are an alien species in the Algarve, originating from
escapes, they are now common in many places.
Fiddler crabs are a common sight at low tide.
Praia de Faro beach.
There maybe more, click to find out >>>
























No comments:
Post a Comment