Tuesday 6 September 2022

Ringed plover still at Pennington Flash


The juvenile ringed plover was still at the boat club today, it's been seen most days since Friday and I suppose it's the same bird, though it's breast band seems more complete to me. It's a smart looking bird.

Also today two green sandpipers still in Ramsdales, common sandpiper at the boat club and a yellow wagtail flew over calling. Two swifts were also over the flash and it's now that time of year where I start wondering if they will be my last for a while. My latest ever swift was at Eccleston mere on 19th September, so still two weeks before that record can be broken.

Yesterday a fabulous hobby flew over Horrock's hide and away south, my first and probably last hobby of the year at the flash this year.


These photos clearly show palmations between the middle and outer toes. Unfortunately in order to be upgraded to a semi-palmated sandpiper, the palmations would also need to be between the middle and inner toes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts