Saturday 30 July 2022

Ruff, Pennington Flash


Just a very quick visit to the flash early morning before going out for the day later, yet I still managed to get a new bird for the flash for me in the shape of a juvenile ruff.  Sadly though I'd forgotten my phone so the option of phone scoping wasn't there. The above photo of a juvenile ruff was taken in Caithness last year. Or, if you prefer something more authentic, I tried digiscoping by holding my camera up to the scope and the result is below......


I can just about make out the ruff, you can clearly see it's yellow legs just right of centre, but be honest, it's not the best photo! 

However it was a decent view through the scope, and from the size of the bird I would say that it was a juvenile male.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts