Thursday 21 January 2021

Ring-billed gull, Strathclyde Loch


The day after the former senator of Delaware, Joe Biden, became President of the US, it seemed appropriate that today I should reacquaint myself with the adult ring-billed gull, Larus delawarensis at Strathclyde Loch near Glasgow. 

It's the perfect lunch break stop for me, with three hours driving behind me I just pull off the M74 and onto car park 4. From here if the bird is about I don't even need to leave the car. Fortunately when I arrived I saw it immediately, sitting just off shore with a few common gulls.

It's the same bird which I saw in 2017, but it's not been particularly easy so far this year. It was only seen for the first time this winter on about January 5th and although it's been reported pretty regularly since, it's often said to be distant or brief views.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts