Monday 25 January 2021

Dairy Farm Road


I had an appointment in Rainford this afternoon so I took the opportunity to take my daily walk at nearby Dairy Farm Road. I really miss these mosslands, I used to cycle around here two or three times a week a few years ago and it was great to be back today. I certainly chose the right day, there was a large flock of pink-footed geese on one of the fields, at least 4000 birds I estimated. I had no scope with me to check the flock for scarcities, but what a spectacle. Then I walked to the end of Dairy Farm Road and then onto the Old Coach Road for a few hundred meters where I came across another large flock of geese, this time consisting of about 1500 birds. I love these birds, I love this landscape, the air was full of the calls of geese and it's just a wide open huge area which makes the heart feel good in these days of constraint and lockdown.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts