Tuesday 1 September 2020

The Great Orme


The Great Orme, despite travelling to the otherside of the world on more than one occasion, this is where my heart truly is and Llandudno is the place I would most like to live. I've so far not achieved that dream but I guess that I should at least consider myself fortunate to live within a 90 minute drive. Imagine if the dream was to live in Brisbane or Christchurch, I might never get to go again. At least when it's Llandudno I know that I can just jump in the car and be there before breakfast and home for tea.



It was a most beautiful day today, glorious sunshine with very light winds and flat calm seas.



I love the colours at this time of year and the yellow of the gorse combined with the purple of the heathers make for a breathtaking display.


Limestone pavement on the north end of the Orme.





Still plenty of common rock-rose in flower.



I could only find one flower of hoary rock-rose.



Ploughman's Spikenard. I'm pretty sure that this is the first time I have seen this species.


Travellers-joy, a type of clementis.


Rock pipit


Chough.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts