Wednesday 2 January 2019

Walking in the Lakes

Grasmere, Cumbria
I think that the official term is phased. That's me at the moment. Since I came back from my second trip to Australia, birding in the UK holds no interest to me. Bird guides is uninstalled on my phone and the only news I get is from twitter and the Manchester Birding Forum. Even these I hardly look at. I've not even ventured half a mile down the road to Pennington Flash since I got back, except for one gull roost visit. I have no interest in what might be on my doorstep.

On the otherhand I have been walking in Cumbria on several occasions with Elaine, and how refreshing it is to not take the binoculars or camera, not to care what birds I might be missing and simply enjoy the views....





On the way to Helm Crag.




The lion on the summit of Helm Crag.




Looking towards Helm Crag.




Loughrigg Fell


Grasmere Lake


Loughrigg cave.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts