Thursday 11 February 2016

Marbury Country Park in my lunch break

Marbury Country Park usually gets a bittern or two over the winter, but this winter they've been largely conspicuous by their absence. A sudden increase in reports over the past couple of weeks  however, convinced me that it was time to start spending my lunch break in the park, and today at the second attempt I managed to connect. It was on show as soon as I arrived and showed well through the scope, though it did occasionally go missing for a minute or two and at such times was often difficult to relocate even with with the aid of the scope. It was still showing on and off when I left. Also today, from the office window, a nice flock of 30+ yellowhammers.

Year: 149 (Bittern, yellowhammer)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts