Wednesday 5 August 2015

White Cliffs of Dover

I'm staying in Dover at the moment and it's been a scorcher of a day down in Kent, so after checking into my hotel, I headed out to the White Cliffs, a place I've never been to before.  Not only is it great views at an iconic British location, it's also a top spot for butterflies.

I'm pretty certain that this is a tatty Adonis blue, though it's difficult to be certain. I think that the black lines on the wing just aboutt cross into the white fringe, whilst the underwing looks good as well.


Lots of chalk-hill blues about today.


This chalk-hill blue is on carline thistle.


Marbled whites mating.


Small skipper.


The White Cliffs of Dover. I wonder what made that hole? It's a shear drop below it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts