Monday 22 June 2015

Purple Heron, Kenfig Pool

There's been a 1st summer purple heron at Kenfig Pool near Porthcawl for the past day or two, in fact it turned up just as I was leaving South Wales last Friday, but I was unable to do anything about it having various work commitments to attend to first (doh!). However I was back today and the bird has been seen intermittently over the weekend, so I decided to give it a go. Fortunately after just a few minutes it flew across in front of the hide and landed in the reeds out of view. Then after about 10 minutes it flew again and landed briefly on top of a bush before finally flying into the reeds on the other side of the pool.

Year: 229 (Purple heron). This time last year I was on 260.





 
Dark-green fritillary.



Despite working in South Wales quite a lot recently, my last visit to Kenfig was 28 years ago when I twitched my first pied-billed grebe there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts