Wednesday 27 April 2022

Ynys-hir


There can't be many more beautiful RSPB reserves than Ynys-hir. Plenty of pied flycatchers today, but no redstarts or wood warblers so far. A really beautiful day to be in mid Wales.
 
A surprising highlight for me was a very dark, square headed & presumably feral cackling goose today, from Ynys feurig hide. I'm thinking Taverner's B. h. taverneri.


I saw about five pied flycatchers today.


Siskin.



It's bluebell time and there are few better places to see them than a Welsh woodland.



Wood avens are looking good at the moment.





I don't think that I've ever seen such a dark looking cackler or Canada goose, not even the dark Todd's on the Ribble this winter is this dark.


It's considerably smaller than the feral Canada's.


Very square headed.


No chin strap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts