Friday 11 February 2022

Pink-feet, Plex Moss


On my way home from Southport today I came back over Plex Moss to check out the geese. I'd spent the morning at Banks looking through very distant geese for a lesser white-front which is in the area, but no sign. I did however manage to see the snow goose flying about a mile away with a large flock of geese against a dark threatening sky before dropping down and being lost to view in long grass.


Then I moved down to Marine drive at Marshide and followed the road south from the RSPB car park to the pier. There were thousands of geese in the saltmarsh here and the lesser white-front could easily have been with them, but many are distant and hidden in the grass and I certainly didn't see it.

Finally I checked out Plex Moss. There were a couple of thousand geese here and the light was good but again I couldn't pick out anything other than pink-feet.


I did however manage to pick out a pink-foot with a neck collar, grey XCB. I've reported it and will publish the results here when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts