Tuesday 29 December 2020

Iceland gull, Rockcliffe, Cumbria


Travelling back from working in Scotland today and in a desire to avoid service stations, I decided to have a quick pit stop at Rockcliffe in Cumbria. There's been a juvenile Iceland gull on the River Eden here for a week or so, and it was showing quite well today in the late afternoon, albeit against the harsh light of the setting winter sun. Perfect timing for my first Iceland gull of the year, it really was bitter today.

In October 1994 I also called in here with my Dad on our way to Caerlaverock to see what was my first greater yellowlegs.




The River Eden from Redhills. The 1994 greater yellowlegs was a little south of here at Carr Beds.



My journey home also took me through the beautiful Scottish Borders which were enhanced today by the snow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts