Tuesday 29 December 2015

Marshside

I took my camera out with no battery today! Doh! So none of the usual frame filling works of art that I normally post here. Just a couple of photos from my phone of Rimmers Marsh and Crossens Marsh at Marshside, Southport. There were two scaup on Fairclough Pool on Rimmers Marsh, at least one of which was a first winter male and I think that the other was probably the same, just not so far advanced in its moult. I could certainly see faint vermiculations on its back. Meanwhile on Crossens marsh, a great white egret, peregrine, merlin and lots of pink-footed geese. Earlier at Lunt Meadows, two short-eared owls showed well.


Fairclough "Pool" on Rimmers Marsh, looking more like a lake following the recent downpours.


Crossens Marsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts