Monday 23 February 2015

Red-throated Diver, Fairhaven Lake

There has been a red-throated diver on Fairhaven Lake for a few days, but today was my first opportunity to have a look at it. I had heard that it showed well at times, but this was ridiculous, it came with a few feet, seemingly oblivious to my presence. It's a cracking looking bird, obviously in winter plumage, but the combination of a startlingly bright sunny day and a snowy white throat was a real problem for the camera. However by making a few adjustments to the camera settings I managed to tone the white down a bit, and the photos below were about the best I managed. Even some of these look a bit over exposed, but it would be churlish to be to unhappy with these. Notice the birds red eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts